Allright! A new edition of I Love Techno, lots of suprising names along side some of the more “i love techno regulars”. Let’s briefly overlook the different rooms:
- Yellow: 4 live acts here, Vitalic, Boys Noize, Raveyards and Spank Rock. Spank Rock is the odd-duck in this lineup, but his album did get produced by Boys Noize so why not. One thing is for sure, with names like Tiga, Erol Alkan and SCNTST behind decks you can expect the best dj sets of the night in this room.
- Orange: Dubstep and DnB are no strangers any more at I Love Techno, just like last year (if I’m not mistaking) the orange room is fully dedicated to those two genres. Main act Netsky will definitely get the place full so you better go an act before him to the orange room if you don’t want to miss out. I on my part will be avoiding this room the whole evening even though I like the music genre.
- Red: Probably the only room with some real techno. Dave Clarke is somewhat of the i love techno resident so no surprise there. Gesaffelstein also got a spot in the red room, and again, no surprise. This guy brings the meanest livesets which are the mark “Techno” more than worthy.
- Blue: Oh, some more DnB apparently. Anywho Blue room gets the “Hype” label from me this year. A bit of a mixture of all kind of music genres. Would probably pass by to see Moonlight Matters or A-trak if there isn’t anything better. The crowd there will be a mixture of allsorts, hope it doesn’t spoil the general atmosphere.
- Green: Now this is the room this year where you’ll be able to discover some new music. My favorites of the line-up this year are all there: Modeselektor, Jamie XX, Flying Lotus, TNGHT, Martyn. All experimental stuff with a lot of diversity.
So, small recape: A very good line-up this year with music for everyones taste (atleast if you’re into electronic music). I myself will be traversing between Yellow and Green all night!